Text Link Ads

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Why I Love BlogHer!

Seriously...these women rock!

I don't know if codes of conduct for blogs will ever work...but people have to grow up.

I am constantly amazed at the pretense of in your face blogging I see. People calling people out. People harassing people, insulting people.....all behind the safety of their little blogs.

I really do think that bloggings shows peoples TRUE nature. Their inhibitions and ethics seem to go out the window when it comes to blogging.

Terms like Slander and Libel do not cross their minds.

Add to that the cyber stalking and bullying, the plagarism, the copyright theft,.......the blogging world is like the wild west.

It would be nice if people had their own codes of conduct.

I also don't think that you can lay down a blogging law across the board. Forums, fine...but for everyone...you are relying on or hoping for common human decency to show up out there....

I have my doubts.

4 comments:

Alex said...

So all of the time that I'm talking about boobies, what I really want to talk about is boobies?

At least I know I'm true to my own nature on the blogosphere. I don't know what I would do if boobies disappeared from the earth.

DirkStar said...

Kahlil Gibran wrote:

Like the ocean is your god-self;
It remains for ever undefiled.
And like the ether it lifts but the winged.
Even like the sun is your god-self;
It knows not the ways of the mole nor seeks it the holes of the serpent.

But your god-self dwells not alone in your being.
Much in you is still man, and much in you is not yet man,
But a shapeless pigmy that that walks asleep in the mist searching for its own awakening.

We all make mistakes...

It is the human condition.

In order to experience the god-moments we must be willling to accept our walk in the mist.

Alex said...

Umm... what's a Nubian?


I mean a god-self?

Crunchy Carpets said...

Alex...I love you